Last updated: March 02, 2019
Thank you for choosing ComeMit!
ComeMit wants to give you the best possible experience to ensure you enjoy our services. Your privacy and the security of your personal information are very important to us. That’s why we want to transparently explain how and why we collect, store, share and use your personal information – and provide an overview of the controls and settings available to you when and how you want to share your personal information.
How do we collect your personal information?
We collect your personal information in the following ways:
- When you sign up for the ComeMit application – when you sign up, we collect certain personal information in order to use the ComeMit services, such as your name, email address and your company name.
- When you use the ComeMit services – when you use the our services, we collect personal information about your use of the ComeMit services, such as your mood, your description, your feedback, your goals and their progress, your challenges, your updates and interaction with the application.
- Collected personal information that enables us to provide you with additional options / functionality – from time to time, you may also provide us with additional personal information in your profile or give us your permission to collect such additional personal information. we will not collect photos, the exact location of your mobile device, voice data or contacts from your mobile device without your prior consent. You always have the opportunity to change your mind and revoke your consent at any time.
- Information we collect automatically when you use the Services
We collect information about you when you use the ComeMit Services, including browsing our websites and taking certain actions within our Services.
- Your use of the Services: We keep track of certain information about you when you visit and interact with any of the Service. This information includes the features you use.
We use anonymized and aggregated information for the purpose of testing our computing systems, research, data analysis, creating marketing and marketing models, improving the ComeMit services, and developing new options and functionality within the ComeMit service.
What personal data do we collect from you?
- Account registration data
This is the personal information provided by you or collected by us to enable you to log in and use the ComeMit services. This includes your name, email address, date of birth, gender. Some of the personal information we request from you is required to create your account. You also have the option to provide us with some additional personal information to help personalize your account. What personal information we collect depends on the type of subscription you are signing up for and whether you are using company sign up form or not. If you use a third-party service to create an account, we will receive personally identifiable information about this third-party service, but only if you have consented to this third-party service passing your personal information to us.
- Personal information collected when you use the ComeMit Service
This is the personal information that we collect when you use the Comemit service, which may include:
- Information about your subscription.
- Information about your interactions with the ComeMit Services; This includes the date and time of any requests from you, the moods that you have selected, the description you have written, the goals you have created, the key results you have added, the challenges you have participated, all your updates on goals, challenges, key results and objectives and your interaction with other ComeMit users. This may also include details of your use of third-party applications and advertising that you receive.
- Technical specifications; This may include: URL information, cookie information, your IP address, the types of devices you use to access or connect to the ComeMit services, unique device IDs, device properties, network device type Connection (eg WiFi, 3G, LTE, Bluetooth) and provider, network and device performance, browser type, language, information to enable digital rights management, operating system and version of the ComeMit application.
- Personal information collected with your permission that allows us to provide you with additional options / functionality
- In addition to the data we collect to provide you with the ComeMit Services ( described above ), you also have the option to give us your consent to collect additional personal information from your mobile device to provide you with options / functionality to improve your ComeMit service experience.
We will not access the personal information below without obtaining your prior consent.
- Your Photos – If you give us permission to access your photos or camera, we will only access the images you have selected to share with us, and metadata related to those images, such as type of file and size of the image. We will never search or import the photo archive or the camera roll;
- The location of your mobile device – If you give us permission to access your exact location, this will allow us to gain access to your GPS or Bluetooth in order to provide you with location-based functionality within the ComeMit service. Please note that this does not include your IP address. We use your IP address to determine your approximate location, such as what country you are in to comply with our license agreements;
- Your voice data – If you give us permission, this will allow us to take advantage of your voice commands recorded through your device’s microphone to enable you to interact with the ComeMit service through your voice. Please note that you will always be able to turn off the microphone option.
- Your Contacts – If you give us permission to access your contacts, this will allow us to gain access to your unique contacts stored on your device to help you find friends who use ComeMit.
For what purpose do we use your personal information?
When you use the ComeMit Services, we use a variety of technologies to process the personal information we collect about you for a variety of purposes. We gather them for the following reasons :
- To provide, personalize and enhance your experience with the ComeMit Services, for example by offering customized, personalized or localized recommendations, features and suggestions within or outside the ComeMit services
- For research and development
- To understand how you access and use the ComeMit Services. For ensuring the technical functionality of the ComeMit Service, to develop new products and services, and to analyze your use of services, including smart recommendations and suggestions through the ComeMit Services.
- To communicate with you about ComeMit services.
- To process your payment or to prevent or detect fraud
- For Customer support: We use your information to resolve technical issues you encounter, to respond to your requests for assistance, to analyze crash information, and to repair and improve the Service.
- For safety and security: We use information about you and your Service use to verify accounts and activity, to monitor suspicious or fraudulent activity and to identify violations of Service policies.
How we share information we collect
We share information we collect about you in the ways discussed below, including in connection with possible business transfers, but we are not in the business of selling information about you to advertisers or other third parties.
- Sharing with other Service users
When you use the Service, we share certain public information about you with other Service users.
- Managed accounts and administrators: If you register or access the Service using an email address with a domain that is owned by your employer or organization, or associate that email address with your existing account and such organization wishes to establish a ComeMit services account, certain information about you including your name, contact information, content, and account use may become accessible to that organization’s administrator and other ComeMit service users, as permitted by your administrator, to provide you additional products and services or to integrate your ComeMit Services with other products and services. For example, your organization may request that we provide extra security controls around your account to protect information about your organization. If you are the administrator of a team or organization account within the Service, we may share your contact information with current or past Service users for the purpose of facilitating Service-related requests.
- Sharing with third parties
We share information with third parties that help us operate, provide, improve, integrate, customize, support and market the Service.Service Providers: We work with third-party service providers to provide website and application development, hosting, maintenance, backup, storage, virtual infrastructure, payment processing, analysis and other services for us, which may require them to access or use information about you. If a service provider needs to access information about you to perform services on our behalf, they do so under instruction from us, including abiding by policies and procedures designed to protect your information.
We make sure that our service providers are GDPR compliant.
Please contact us if you need the full list of our service providers.
- Links to Third-Party Sites: the Service may include links that direct you to other websites or services whose privacy practices may differ from ours. Your use of and any information you submit to any of those third-party sites is governed by their privacy policies, not this one.
With your consent: We share information about you with third parties when you give us consent to do so. For example, we often display personal testimonials of satisfied customers on our public websites. With your consent, we may post your name alongside the testimonial.
- Compliance with Enforcement Requests and Applicable Laws; Enforcement of Our Rights: In exceptional circumstances, we may share information about you with a third party if we believe that sharing is reasonably necessary to (a) comply with any applicable law, regulation, legal process or governmental request, including to meet national security requirements, (b) enforce our agreements, policies and terms of service, (c) protect the security or integrity of our products and services, (d) protect ComeMit, our customers or the public from harm or illegal activities, or (e) respond to an emergency which we believe in good faith requires us to disclose information to assist in preventing the death or serious bodily injury of any person.
- Sharing with affiliated companies
- Publicly Available Information
The following personal information will always be publicly available on the ComeMit services: Your average moods and comparison of your mood with others without your identification, your participation in public challenges if possible and your score in public challenges
- Personal data that you can choose to share
The following information will only be publicly available if you have chosen to be; Your mood, your description, your goals, your key results and your profile image.
Storage and deletion of data
We only retain your personal information as long as it is necessary to provide you the ComeMit services and for legitimate and material business purposes, such as maintaining the performance of the ComeMit service, making data-driven business decisions about new features and offerings, fulfilling ours legal obligations and to settle disputes. We retain some of your personal information as long as you are a user of the ComeMit service, such as your moods, feedbacks, goals, key results, progress and account information.
If you request it, we will delete or anonymize your personal information so that it no longer identifies you, unless we are legally permitted or legally required to hold personal information, such as in the following situations:
- If there are any unresolved matters regarding your account, such as a balance on your account or an unresolved claim or dispute, we will retain the necessary personal information until the matter is resolved;
- As we are required to store the personal data for reasons of legal or tax law or for legal examination and accounting obligations, we will retain the personal data necessary for the period required under the applicable law; and or,
- To the extent necessary for our legitimate business interests, such as preventing fraud or maintaining the security of our users.
Protection of your personal data
We are committed to protecting the personal information of our users. We implement appropriate technical and organizational measures to protect the security of your personal information; Please note, however, that no system is ever completely secure. We have implemented various policies, including encryption, access and retention policies, to guard against unauthorized access and the unnecessary storage of personally identifiable information in our systems but we cannot guarantee that data, during transmission through the Internet or while stored on our systems or otherwise in our care, is absolutely safe from intrusion by others. We will respond to requests about this within a reasonable timeframe.
Your password protects your user account; Therefore, we strongly advise you to use a unique and strong password, restrict access to your computer and browser, and log out after using the ComeMit service.
How to access and control your information
You have certain choices available to you when it comes to your information. Below is a summary of those choices, how to exercise them and any limitations. We will respond to requests about this within a reasonable timeframe.
You have the right to request a copy of your information, to object to our use of your information (including for marketing purposes), to request the deletion or restriction of your information, or to request your information in a structured, electronic format. Below, we describe the tools and processes for making these requests. You can exercise some of the choices by logging into the Service and using settings available within the Service or your account. Where the Service is administered for you by an administrator (see “Notice to End Users” below), you may need to contact your administrator to assist with your request. For all other requests, you may contact us as provided in the Contact Us section below to request assistance.
Your request and choices may be limited in certain cases: for example, if fulfilling your request would reveal information about another person, or if you ask to delete information which we or your administrator are permitted by law or have compelling legitimate interests to keep. Where you have asked us to share data with third parties, for example, by enabling an integration, you will need to contact those third-party service providers directly to have your information deleted or otherwise restricted. If you have unresolved concerns, you may have the right to complain to a data protection authority in the country where you live, where you work or where you feel your rights were infringed.
Access and update your information: The Service and related documentation gives you the ability to access and update certain information about you from within the Service. For example, you can access your profile information from your account in the Service. You can update your profile information within your profile settings.
Deactivate membership to a team or organization: You or an administrator can deactivate your access to a team or organization. If you can deactivate your own access, that setting is available to you in your account settings. Otherwise, please contact your administrator. If you are an administrator and are unable to deactivate an account through your administrator settings, please contact ComeMit support. Please be aware that deactivating access to a team or organization does not delete your information from that team or organization; your information remains visible to other Service users based on your past participation within the Service. For more information on how to delete your information, see below.
Delete your information: the Service and related documentation gives you the possibility to delete certain information about you from within the Service. Please note, however, that we may need to retain certain information for record keeping purposes, to complete transactions or to comply with our legal obligations.
Request that we stop using your information: In some cases, you may ask us to stop accessing, storing, using and otherwise processing your information where you believe we don’t have the appropriate rights to do so. For example, if you believe a Services account was created for you without your permission or you are no longer an active user, you can request that we delete your account as provided in this policy. Where you gave us consent to use your information for a limited purpose, you can contact us to withdraw that consent, but this will not affect any processing that has already taken place at the time. You can also opt-out of our use of your information for marketing purposes by contacting us, as provided below. When you make such requests, we may need time to investigate and facilitate your request. If there is a delay or dispute as to whether we have the right to continue using your information, we will restrict any further use of your information until the request is honored or the dispute is resolved, provided your administrator does not object (where applicable). If you object to information about you being shared with a third-party app, please disable the app or contact your administrator to do so.
Opt out of communications: You may opt out of receiving promotional communications from us by using the unsubscribe link within each email, or by contacting us as provided below to have your contact information removed from our promotional email list or registration database. Even after you opt out from receiving promotional messages from us, you will continue to receive transactional messages from us regarding the Service. Please note, you will continue to receive generic advertisement.
Data portability: Data portability is the ability to obtain some of your information in a format you can move from one service provider to another (for instance, when you transfer your mobile phone number to another carrier). Depending on the context, this applies to some of your information, but not to all of your information, for anonymity reasons. Should you request it, we will provide you with an electronic file of your basic account information and the information you create on the Service under your sole control.
Other important privacy information
Notice to End Users
When the Service is made available to you through an organization (e.g. your employer), that organization is the administrator of the Service and is responsible for the end-users and/or Service sites over which it has control. If this is the case, please direct your data privacy questions to your administrator, as your use of the Service is subject to that organization’s policies. We are not responsible for the privacy or security practices of an administrator’s organization, which may be different than this policy. Even if the Service are not currently administered to you by an organization, if you are a member of a team administered by an organization, or if you use an email address provided by an organization (such as your work email address) to access the Service, then the administrator of that team or the owner of the domain associated with your organizational email address (e.g. your employer) may assert administrative control over your account and use of the Service at a later date. You will be notified if this happens.Team and organization administrators are able to restrict your access to and privileges within the respective team or organization the administrator controls. In some cases, team or organization administrators can also:
restrict, suspend or terminate your access to the Service or your account;
change your account information, including profile information or the email address associated with your account;
access information in and about your account;
access or retain information stored as part of your account; and
enable or disable third-party apps, or other integrations.
If you do not want an administrator to be able to assert control over your account or use of the Service, you should deactivate your membership with the relevant team or organization or remove any email addresses containing a domain owned or controlled by the administrator entirely from your account. Once an administrator asserts control over your account or use of the Service, you may no longer be able to withdraw membership or change the email address associated with your account without administrator approval.
Please contact your organization or refer to your administrator’s organizational policies for more information.